Slip Lease: Terms and Conditions
1. LEASE TERM. The term of this Agreement shall be month-to-month and will automatically renew each month by the successful charge of LESSEE’s credit card. Either party may cancel this agreement at any time and for any reason by giving the other party 30-days notice in writing.
2. RENT. Advertised ("Rent Amount") includes a discount to the monthly Rent Amount of $75 (“Rent Discount”) in exchange for LESSEE paying rent as an auto-renewable “subscription”, thereby reducing the costs of billing and collecting lease payments. If for any reason, LESSEE’s credit card payment is declined on the processing date, the full Rent Amount will become immediately due and the LESSEE will not receive the Rent Discount for that rental period.
3. LESSEE shall abide by all federal, state, and local laws and ordinances, as well as the rules and covenants of the marina in which the leased slip is located.
4. LESSOR reserves the right to cancel this contract for cause, and LESSEE agrees to remove his vessel within 10 days of any such notice.
5. LESSEE’s vessel shall be registered, identified, marked, equipped, and maintained as required by law and safe practice; insured for marine liability coverage of not less than $500,000; and subject to periodic inspection by the LESSOR and/or Dockmaster.
6. LESSEE will be responsible for damage LESSEE or LESSEE’S vessel may cause to other vessels in the marina; piers; pilings; structures; facilities; and any other damage that LESSEE or LESSEE’s vessel may cause.
7. In the event of a hurricane advisory, LESSEE agrees to remove his vessel from the marina. If LESSEE fails to remove his vessel from the marina, LESSEE agrees to be responsible for any and all damages LESSEE or LESSEE’S vessel may cause, including any service fees or fines incurred for non-removal.
8. LESSEE agrees that neither LESSOR nor the Marina will be responsible for bodily injuries, medical expenses, or loss of time to LESSEE, LESSEE’S guests, or crew due to accidents or illnesses occurring on or about the marina.
9. All vessels shall be secured in their berths in a manner acceptable to LESSOR or the Dockmaster may secure the vessel and assess a service fee.
10. LESSEE will provide the Dockmaster with a set of main door or hatch keys, or combination to lock and ignition keys, however LESSEE’S vessel will only be entered by the Dockmaster for perceived emergency service.
11. All reasonable precautions will be taken by the Marina staff to provide safety and security for all owners, tenants, and guests. LESSOR assumes no responsibility or liability for the safety of any vessel docked in a LESSOR slip and will not be liable for fire, theft or damage to said vessel, it’s equipment, or any property in or on said vessel, however arising.
12. LESSEE (and guests for whom he is responsible) agrees to conduct himself at all times so as to create no annoyance, hazard, or nuisance to marina facilities or to the other tenants or owners. Noise shall be kept to a minimum at all times. LESSEE shall use discretion in operating engines, generators, power tools, stereos, and televisions so as not to create a nuisance or disturbance.
13. LESSEE shall observe good housekeeping. LESSEE and LESSEE’s guests agree to use the clubhouse shore-side toilets when in their slip. All garbage and other refuse must be placed in the receptacles provided.
14. LESSEE and LESSEE’S guests will not place supplies, materials, accessories, or debris on docks or walkways and will not construct thereon any lockers, chests, cabinets, or similar structures, except with the written approval of LESSOR.
15. Dinghies shall not be stored on the docks.
16. No dock boxes, steps, or other fixtures or structures may be installed without the written permission of LESSOR.
17. Advertising or soliciting shall not be permitted in any part of the LESSOR facilities without written LESSOR approval.
18. Laundry shall not be hung on docks, or finger piers and if on vessel while in the marina, only in a manner that is not a nuisance to other marina owners or guests.
19. Fires of any kind, including but not limited to grills, are not permitted on vessels while in the marina, nor on docks or finger piers.
20. Pets must not run loose on the grounds or on other LESSEE’s or guest’s vessels. LESSEE is responsible for cleaning up after their pets.
21. LESSEE is responsible for all utility bills incurred during LESSEE's stay. Normally, running a battery charger and bilge pump do not result in any utility bill, however, living aboard, or operating heaters or air conditioners on any non-liveaboard vessel will result in additional metered charges for electricity.
22. In the event that LESSEE is in default of any of the terms, covenants, or provisions of this Agreement, LESSEE agrees to reimburse LESSOR for the entire cost of collection, to include reasonable attorney’s fees for any enforcement against LESSEE.
23. As security for this Lease Agreement, LESSEE grants to LESSOR a secured interest in LESSEE’S vessel and personal property; whether the vessel is still moored in the LESSOR’S slip or whether LESSEE has vacated the slip.
24. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of North Carolina and the parties consent to the jurisdiction of the courts in North Carolina, with respect to any dispute under this Agreement.